Exceptions while installing trial EasyXLS 

Post Exceptions while installing trial EasyXLS
Hello.

I try to install trial version by java -jar EasyXLS_Trial_for_JAVA_v8_4.jar
After that I've got following exception:
Code:
 JNI DLL winAMD64ppk.dll
java.lang.NullPointerException
         com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32Utils.loadDLL(Unknown Source)
 wizardInitializeService. JNI DLL winAMD64ppk.dll

Meanwhile the wizard is started. I following it step by step and at the end I've got the following
Code:
(20.05.2014 22:42:26), com.installshield.easyxls_trial_for_java.event.dialog.swing.PanelDestination, wrn, com.instaleld.wizard.platform.win32.Win32FileServiceImpl.isDirectoryWritable(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

This is the same for different destination folders.

And after all when I try to finish work with wizard:
Code:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32SystemUtilServic
eImpl.nativeDeleteFilesAfterExit(Ljava/util/Enumeration;Ljava/util/Enumeration;ZLjava/lang/String;)V
         com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32SystemUtilServiceImpl.nativeDeleteFilesAfterExit(Native Method)
         com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32SystemUtilServiceImpl.deleteFilesAfterExit(Unknown Source)
         com.installshield.wizard.service.system.PureJavaSystemUtilServiceImpl.deleteLockedFiles(Unknown Source)
         com.installshield.util.FileUtils.deleteTempFiles(Unknown Source)
         com.installshield.wizard.Wizard.startup(Unknown Source)
         com.installshield.boot.BootMain.boot(Unknown Source)
         run.main(Unknown Source)

And now I can close wizard only as killing process from the task manager.

Would you please be so kind as to give me an advice how to install this software.

Looking forward to prompt response.
Thanks.

Tue May 20, 2014 10:29 pm

Post Re: Exceptions while installing trial EasyXLS
EasyXLS uses InstallShield engine for installation. This might be a bug from InstallShield. Inside EasyXLS_Trial_for_JAVA_v8_4.jar file, try to rename winamd64ppk.dll to winAMD64ppk.dll due to case sensitive issues

See the following links for more details:

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?194305-Universal-installer-problems-on-Windows-7-%2864-bit%29&highlight=is+not+writable

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?154853-InstallShield-11-universal-Installed-and-support-for-Win2k3-x64-AMD64&highlight=winAMD64ppk

Also, please make sure you have administrator rights while running the installer.

You may try to install jre 1.4 and use it for the installation process.

Wed May 21, 2014 4:27 pm
Profile WWW

Yes, thaks, it helped.
But I've got a new error
Code:
(22.05.2014 0:05:44), Install, com.installshield.product.actions.UninstallerJVMResolution, dbg.jvm, attempting to use the current JVM
(22.05.2014 0:05:44), Install, com.installshield.product.actions.UninstallerJVMResolution, dbg.jvm, searching for a JVM
(22.05.2014 0:05:44), Install, com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32JVMServiceImpl, dbg.jvm, executing launcher to resolve JVM
(22.05.2014 0:05:44), Install, com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32JVMServiceImpl, dbg.jvm, waiting to read out put from the launcher
(22.05.2014 0:05:46), Install, com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32JVMServiceImpl, dbg.jvm, got output from launcher. First line = 0
(22.05.2014 0:05:46), Install, com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32JVMServiceImpl, dbg.jvm, unable to find matching JVM
(22.05.2014 0:05:46), Install, com.installshield.product.actions.UninstallerJVMResolution, dbg.jvm, resolved to JVM file: null with JVM_HOME = null
(22.05.2014 0:05:46), Install, com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer, err, ProductException: (error code = 601; message="JVM not found")
ProductException: (error code = 601; message="JVM not found")
        com.installshield.product.actions.JVMResolution.install(Unknown Source)
        com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.checkUninstallerJVMResolution(Unknown Source)
        com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)
        com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)
        com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)
        java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Wed May 21, 2014 10:49 pm

Did you install jre 1.4?

Thu May 22, 2014 11:41 am
Profile WWW

No, I did not.
I do not have distributive of this version. And I don't know where to get it.
As far as I know jre 1.8 has been released a month ago or so. And oficial resources doesn't maintain too old versions of JRE and JDK.
Is there another way to fix this problem?

Furthermore, I don't think installing jre 1.4 onlyfor installing EasyXLS is proper way.

Thu May 22, 2014 2:39 pm

What does it mean JVM_HOME? Where did it come from?
I've already have JAVA_HOME and JRE_HOME in my system properties, but it doesn't help.

Thu May 22, 2014 2:46 pm

InstallShield Universal does not recognize jre older than 1.4.

You may download jre 1.4 here:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase14-419411.html#j2re-1.4.2_04-oth-JPR

You may also try jre 1.5 but you will need to browse for it during the installation.

We intend to change InstallShield engine for our next version. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thu May 22, 2014 5:12 pm
Profile WWW

Yes! At last I did it!
It works fine with jre 1.4.

I am very grateful to you for help!
Thanks for link and advices.

Thu May 22, 2014 11:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]