Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Formula calculation problem in XLS files (works in XLSX) 

Post Formula calculation problem in XLS files (works in XLSX)
Hi,

I'm using your library with visual basic dot-net and I'm setting one cell value to the following:

Code:
totalsRow.easy_getCell(3).setValue("=SUM(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(3,4)&"":""&ADDRESS(14,4)))")

This formula basically sums a few cells with decimal numbers in them.

When I save the file as XLSX the formula is correct and the value is calculated. However, when I save the file as XLS then the value of this field at opening is #VALUE! with the error "A value used in the formula is of the wrong data type." When I position my cursor in this field and press ENTER the formula properly calculates and everything is OK.

Since I'm working on some Excel export for customers where quite a few of columns will be calculated this way I can't expect them to go around the sheet pressing enter before it's usable for them in Office 2003 or earlier.

Is this a bug and is there a workaround for the issue?

Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:02 pm

Post Re: Formula calculation problem in XLS files (works in XLSX)
Hi! We could not reproduce your error using the latest version. What is the version of EasyXLS you are using?
Also, you are not using ExcelTable.easy_getCell() method correctly. It requires a second parameter.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:39 am
Profile WWW

oana wrote:
Hi! We could not reproduce your error using the latest version. What is the version of EasyXLS you are using?
Also, you are not using ExcelTable.easy_getCell() method correctly. It requires a second parameter.

totalsRow is of ExcelRow type and it's easy_getCell() function requires only one parameter - the index of the cell in a row. Still, no matter how I access the cell to set the value I have the same problem.

I have downloaded EasyXLS on Thursday (march 18th).

Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:19 am

There is a problem if the formula is placed in a row that is not included in the range. This issue will be fixed in our next version which will be released by the end of April. If you need this fix earlier please contact us at support@easyxls.com and you will receive a patch.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:29 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]